From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1993 08:53:47 EST
I have been told that a new version of the CIA map - (Relational) World Data
Bank III - is to be available, however I have not been able to trace this
rumour.

I would be most grateful to be informed of the official source(s) of the CIA WDB
maps [cannot find hanauma.stamford.edu], and to know the actual current
situation for such WDB 3 (and what it will be like).

Any other public sources of simple-format geographical data of global coverage,
(eg place-name locations) will also be (all) of great interest.

Patrick Gilbert
tel: +39.6.94180646
fax: +39.6.94180361
ESRIN, European Space Agency, 00044 Frascati, ITALY.