From:
Maura O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:23:44 EDT
Dear Ian
There are two possible options:
1. Have a special case or box made for the material and store the items
on top of your map cabinets if you use horizontal map storage.  I have
done this with a number of maps in the collection.  See WAML Bulletin
?March 1997 article which demonstrated this technique.
2.  If the maps are particularly large, roll them and store them in or
around suitable tubes or acid free boxes - as for wall maps.
Yours sincerely
Maura O'Connor
Map Curator
National Library of Australia