From:
JK Herro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 1994 16:50:40 EST
I'm forwarding this question from GEONET-L at the request of the
questioner, D. Wong.  Here at Branner Library we save old indexes.
JK Herro
************************
Subject:      Map indexes
To:           Multiple recipients of list GEONET-L

From:   PO1::"[log in to unmask]" 20-JAN-1994 11:15:29.19
To:     [log in to unmask]
CC:
Subj:   index to state topo maps

Hi netters: I am trying to do the right thing for our topo map
collection.
Recently we received a new shipment of indexes for topo maps for
various states without the usual catalog companion to them. The last
edition was from 1989 and came with the catalog companion piece. We
usually keep these items in the topo map room. What should I do with
the new edition?
Notes in the indexes indicate that information within is cumulative,
should the old editions be kept or discarded? Any info regarding this
series will be greatly appreciated.  Being new in this area of
librarianship, I need all the help I can get! :-( Thank you in advance
for your responses. --
Dora D.Wong                  Bryn Mawr College, Collier Science Library
[log in to unmask]           215-526-5118