From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:23:15 -0500
Subject:        GIS Discussion Group and GeoTech Committee meeting
Date:   Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:03:59 -0400
From:   Tsering W Shawa ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

This message is for people who are coming to the ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans, 2006.

GIS Discussion Group and Geographic Technologies (GeoTech) Committee meeting will be held on Sunday June 25, 2006 from 1:30-3:30pm in Hilton New Orleans Riverside Trafalgar room. However, if you look at the ALA online meeting schedule it will listed as Monday from 1:30-3:30pm.

One of the agenda that we plan to discuss is about a minimum map scanning standards. Three Geotech committee members have done research on map scanning. I will share what they found. The GeoTech Committee hope to come with a map scanning standards. Please come to the meeting share you thoughts and ideas about map scanning issues.

Thanks,

-Wangyal
Chair of GeoTech Committee

Tsering Wangyal Shawa
Geographic Information Systems Librarian
Head, Digital Map and Geospatial Information Center
Geosciences and Map Library
Fine Hall B Level, Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544
Phone: (609) 258-6804