From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:38:40 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:59:41 -0800 (PST)
From: Linda Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Tertiary Period River Channels in Nevada <fwd>
Sender: Linda Newman <[log in to unmask]>

Mr. Martin, as the Geoscience Librarian at the University of Nevada, Reno,
it is appropriate that I should (try to) answer your question.
A search of GeoRef turned up 2 useful documents:
Post-pliocene uplift of the Sierra Nevada, GSA Bulletin, vol. 73, no. 2,
p183-197,1962
and
A tertiray river channel near Carson city, Nevada, Mining and Scientific
Press, p522-525, 1908.
If you do not have access to a library holding these titles, ask your
public librarian to request them via interlibrary loan.

I also talked with the information office at the NV Bureau of Mines and
Geology. Some preliminary work has been done on this topic, but there is
no definitive map available.
Please email Dave Davis, at NBMG ([log in to unmask]) for further information.

hope this helps-
Linda Newman
University of Nevada, Reno

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Johnnie Sutherland

> [...]