From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:09:07 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Josh's frappr
Date:   Mon, 21 Nov 2005
From:   Dr. Virginia R. Hetrick <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
:

Hi, folks -

Especially if you aren't familiar with frapprs yet, you should at least
take a look at this.  This IS a GIS application that has each
"registered" individual's geographic location marked with a virtual
pin.  Additionally, you can click on an area and the application zooms
to show the individual pins identifying each person so as to find out
(a) who's in your neighborhood, (b) who's in the neighborhood you'll be
visiting on your next vacation, (c) where somebody is that you've always
wondered about, and other things.

Another list I'm on has this and I was astounded to learn that there are
two other list members living in the VERY small city I live in outside
Los Angeles.  Since we're all web dudettes, that was really startling.
Now we've all joined the Chamber of Commerce!  ;-)

So, take Josh up on his offer.

Just my $0.02US worth.

virginia

--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766  Email:  [log in to unmask]