From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Baruth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:13:39 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 101 10:27:28 -0600 (CST)
From: Christopher Baruth <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 3-D models of Holy Land, Jerusalem, etc.
Sender: Christopher Baruth <[log in to unmask]>

The following is a request that was sent to me by Prof. Rehav Rubin of
the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.  If you have any information for
him, please contact him directly as he does not monitor this list.
Thanks.

Chris Baruth
AGS Collection
======================================

Dear Sir, Madame,

I am a professor at the Department of Geography, Hebrew University of
Jerusalem, Israel. We send this letter asking for help in gathering
information about models and three dimensional maps of Israel
(Palestine, the Holy Land etc.), Jerusalem, and its monuments.  Such
models (including three dimensional maps, and other objects),
representing the City of Jerusalem and its monuments (e.x. the Church
of the Holy Sepulchre, the Dome of the Rock etc.) were made and
distributed all over Europe from the fifteenth or early sixteenth
century and until today. Several such models have been studied by us in
the past and we are engaged now in a large scale research projects
which aims to collect information on as many  more models as possible.
We are asking now for your help in locating such models, or evidence of
any kind (documents, articles, books, photographs) about them. We will
be grateful for any kind of information, reference etc. which is known
to you or to the people in your institution.  Moreover, we will highly
appreciate your help if you will distribute this letter among other
libraries, museums and collections, which we might not know of.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Sincerely

Professor Rehav Rubin
Department of Geography
Hebrew University of Jerusalem