From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:52:58 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:38:02 -0800 (PST)
From: Jay Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Cumming Map Society Meeting
Sender: Jay Lester <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings Maps-L,

W.P. Cumming Map Society Meeting Announcement

Our first meeting on January 18 in Chapel Hill was a
success!!!

The next meeting of the Cumming Map Society will be held
Thursday afternoon,
March 15, 2001, on the campus of the University of North
Carolina-Greensboro.
Dr. Jeff Patton, Professor of Cartography at UNCG, will
give a presentation
on "Early American School Atlases." Several of his students
will also be available to
discuss their GIS projects. Additionally, we will again
have "show and tell," so members
are asked to bring a map they'd like to share. Attendees
are also invited to gather for
dinner that evening (location TBA).

The meeting will begin at 3 PM in Room 116 of the Graham
Building on the UNCG campus.
This building is near the intersection of Spring Garden
Street and Tate Street, directions to which (approaching
from the east) are provided by the following URL:
http://mapsonus.switchboard.com/bin/maps-route/usr=~3a7897cd.ca866.42dc.8/c=22/formName=setclickpost

If you are interested in attending, please email me
( [log in to unmask] --- DO NOT USE "REPLY" as that may
post your response to the List ) and let me know. Those who
respond will receive an update with more specifics a week
or so before the meeting.

I hope to see many of you in Greensboro. We're going to
have another GREAT time!

Thanks,
Jay L.

--- End Forwarded Message ---