From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:25:41 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005
From: "Alan Magnus-Bennett" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Surplus maps

Hi everyone,

I have just signed on to this Listserve with the notion of making
available to you all surplus maps within my departmental collection.
The age of digitisation of maps, particularly with UK Ordnance Survey
maps has meant that quite a few Map Librarians/Curators in UK
universities have had to shed a number of maps older map collections.

Some of the maps here at University College Worcester, have already
gone out to the National Library of Australia and the American.
Geographical Society Library.  What I have available are 1:10,000 and
1:10,560 or 6inch to the mile UK maps.  If you are interested, then
please email me for a list of those available so far. More maps will
become available in the near future.

Thought of the day: a map is the result of travel and the cause of
travel but which came first?

Alan

Alan Magnus-Bennett
Cartographer and Map Librarian.
Dept.of Applied Sciences, Geography and Archeaology
University College Worcester.
Henwick Grove.
Worcester.
WR2 6AJ.