From:
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2012 08:03:45 -0500
Subject:        Looking for topography of Mikkeli, Finland.
Date:   Fri, 20 Jul 2012 00:04:52 +0000
From:   Kathy Stroud <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship
([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>

All,

We’re looking for either digital or paper topography of Mikkeli,
Finland. Ideally we’re looking for 1 meter contours. However, we will
settle for a larger interval.  It looks like the Finnish National Map
series at 1:20,000 has 2.5 m contours. However, our collection does not
Cover Mikkeli.  I believe the map number within the series is 3142-05.

If anyone has a paper map of Mikkeli with topographic information and is
willing to scan it or loan it to us, please contact me.

I am also pursuing information from their national mapping site
(http://www.paikkatietoikkuna.fi/web/en/frontpage) but am having
difficulties navigating it, mostly because I do not understand Finnish.

Thanks,

Kathy Stroud

David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library

1299 University of Oregon

Eugene, OR 97403-1299

541-346-3051