From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 06:44:28 -0600
Subject:        RE: FW: Call for Papers: ELN Special Issue, "Imaginary
Cartographies."
Date:   Tue, 5 Nov 2013 11:33:53 -0000
From:   Francis Herbet <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>
CC:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

To attempt a reassuring remedy to original postings from The Newberry
Library’s [Hermon Dunlap] Smith [Center]’s Anne E. Cullen, with its
generally over-optimistic deadlines, Tony Campbell (former Map
Librarian, British Library) has forwarded to me - for hopeful
distribution to ‘MAPS-L’ - the following message (edited) relative to
the proposed ELN Special Issue on ‘Imaginary Cartographies’:-

“I have posted to the MapHist Forum the revised version:

http://www.maphist.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=425

She [i.e. Anne Cullen] originally had a requirement to register by 15
Nov. with delivery by 15 Dec.  [. . .] So she has managed to negotiate
with her editor a single date of 1 Feb.

Perhaps you can send a corrective re this sentence to Maps-L :

          "*Finished submissions are due February 1, 2014*(in Chicago
style, MS Word 12 pt, images as JPEGs) to:"

Francis Herbert (an imaginary cartographer, but physically present at
the 18^th Kenneth Nebenzahl Lectures on the History of Cartograhy, c/o
Newberry Library, 24-26 October 2013)