From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 15:43:08 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:27:29 -0500
From: Kent Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: re:  suppression of NIMA maps
Sender: Kent Lee <[log in to unmask]>

Brian:  For a brief period there was indeed an unprecedented denial of
access to NIMA mapping, paper and digital.  But now the situation is more
or less back to normal.  A number of newspapers and journals at the time
were interested in the subject, including Lingua Franca, which as I
understand is quite similar to the Chronicle of Higher Education.  I will
fax you a copy of a pretty good story on the subject which appeared in
Investor's Business Daily on Thursday, Sep 27 (p. 6) if you let me know
your fax number, and I would be happy to do the same for others.  I sent
the URL of this article to MAPS-L when it came out, but non-subscribers
can apparently not get free access to it anymore on the IBD website.

Best,

Kent

Kent D. Lee
President/CEO