From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:50:55 -0400
Subject: AGS Library fellowship deadline extended
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:47:42 -0500
From: Christopher Baruth <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
               Fellowships for 2004--Deadline Extended

             Helen and John S. Best Research Fellowships
            AGS Library, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Thanks to an NRC grant to UWM's Center for International Education, the
American Geographical Society Library is able to offer three additional
research fellowships each year over the next three years. This is great
news for us as we have been extremely pleased by the level of research
undertaken by our fellows over the past few years.  As a result of this
additional funding, we are extending the application deadline to
October 15, 2003.

The Best Research Fellowships offer stipends of $375 per week for
periods up to 4 weeks, and will be awarded to support residencies for
the purpose of conducting research which makes direct use of the
Library. The Fellowships will be tenable between January 5, 2004 and
December 31, 2004.

The AGS Library, the former research library and map collection of the
American Geographical Society of New York, has strengths in geography,
cartography and related historical topics.  Applications must be
postmarked by October 15, 2003.  For further information, write, call
or e-mail the AGS Library, P.O. Box 399, Milwaukee, WI 53201-0399,
Tel.  (414) 229-6282, E-mail [log in to unmask]  Web site:
http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/best.html

Christopher Baruth, Ph.D.
Curator, AGS Library