From:
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 15:53:37 -0400
Subject: map of Warsaw
   Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 20:46:38 -0600
   From: "Ronald Whistance-Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
     CC:

I have in hand a map titled Warsaw with the date at lower right of 24th
August, 1944.  It has been in the possesion of a WWII Polish Air Force
officer.  His daughter says he seems to remember these were issued daily
showing the military situation. The key shows the following: Blocks of
houses liberated and still held by the Polish Underground Army. Polish
points of attack and German held strongpoints and road
junctions. Important streets connecting East and West in German
hands. Streets partly in German control. Bridgeheads in German
hands. The colouring and cartographic style speak loudly of British Army
city maps but there is no GSGS or other indication of who issued
these. I've searched COPAC, AMICUS, LC (due to the limited title
information gave up on LC.  Is anyone familiar with this map or others
in the series?  I would be interested to know how many copies of this
and related maps have survived and where they are located. I would
appreciate any help in obtaining further information regarding this
map. Ron Whistance-Smith