From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:15:03 -0500
Subject: RE: USGS 15 minute digital topo index
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:33:48 +0000
From: Christopher Thiry <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

All,

AH!  This is a job for MAP LIBRARIANS!!! (think flying superheroes with
capes).

Seriously...  Using GIS, I have already done Colorado 15'
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8b3a5efdadd8415b82a9aa0cea2b5fa2

and Colorado 30'
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=1ea23482875c45328101613e462cf432

At WAML's fall meeting in Honolulu (you NEED to attend), I am doing a
workshop on how to make these indexes.  I figured it could be a group
project to make other states' indexes using GIS.

Once the things are in GIS form, it is easy to create jpegs, pdfs, and
google earth files.

I have detailed notes on how to make these things using ARCGIS 10.0.

--cjjt

Christopher J.J. Thiry
Map Librarian
Colorado School of Mines