From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 16:22:25 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 22:35:53 -0600
From: Stroeve <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Chicago Map Society meeting 10 Dec

The Chicago Map Society will have its December meeting in the
Towner Fellows' Lounge, The Newberry Library, 60 W. Walton,
Chicago, IL on Thursday 10 December 1998 from 5:30 to 7:00 PM.

It has been several years since we had one of our holiday
"my favorite map" sessions.  Please take some time this week
to pick out a map (or two) from your collection and bring it
to share and briefly discuss with other members of the society.
Public speaking experience is not required.  You're among friends.
We'll start the evening with "not your usual Chicago Map Society
refreshments", so please join us for a relaxed evening of good
cheer and cartographic fellowship.

Of course, we need volunteers to present their favorite maps.
If you would like to present something, please call Jim Akerman
at 312-255-3523 or email him at [log in to unmask] as soon
as possible.  We'll make sure that a slide projector, overhead
projector, and easel are available for your use.

Non-member fee is $5.
--- End Forwarded Message ---