From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David A. Cobb
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:08:29 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:24:03 -0500
From: "David A. Cobb" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Harvard Map Collection Closing
Sender: "David A. Cobb" <[log in to unmask]>

Colleagues -

It is now official. The Harvard Map Collection will be closed from December
22, 1999 through Thursday, January 13, 2000. This really Phase II of our
renovation as the new exhibit area was finished late last year. This phase
will involve the replacement of our ceilings, lighting fixtures, and
ventilation ducts. This will prepare us for the installation of a new
sprinkler and fire detection system to be installed next summer. Next
summer will also be the time when solar shades will be installed for our
windows and new carpeting. This too may involve closing for a few days.

Please do not plan to visit the Map Collection during this time as the
construction crew, while highly qualified, is not familiar with our filing
system and would, in all likelihood, not be able to find Blaeu's 1635 atlas
for you.

David Cobb
--- End Forwarded Message ---