From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bleakly, Denise R
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:32:37 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:09:02 -0600
From: "Bleakly, Denise R" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: GIS and Kids
Sender: "Bleakly, Denise R" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,
My name is Denise Bleakly and I work at Sandia National Laboratory in
Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Over the last year I have been working with 5 home schooled kids using GIS
to learn about geography, planning, routing etc.

I got most of my materials and assistance from ESRI, the makers of Arc/Info.
They have a great web site and lots of free materials.  Also, lots of
interaction between people working with kids....

the website is http://www.esri.com/industries/k-12/k-12.html

good luck

Denise Bleakly
EGIS Team Lead