From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:11:25 -0500
Subject:        RE: Disco Ball Globe?
Date:   Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:59:48 -0400
From:   Grabach, Kenneth A. Mr. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

I suppose it would depend upon whether the image is reflected or projected on either wall.  In the reflected version, I think whatever geometry it possesses, it would be a new form of map projection, a Reverse (geometry) projection.  And in a cylindrical room, it would become a Reverse Cylindrical projection.  Disco halls can take on a variety of shapes, including trapezoidal and others.  And imagine if one were used inside a geodesic dome.   My head begins to reel at the myriad possibilities.

Good luck, Tinho!

Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                          Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA