From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James C Boxall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:29:24 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:10:45 -0400 (AST)
From: James C Boxall <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: maps as icons for divisions of a college <fwd>
Sender: James C Boxall <[log in to unmask]>

Prof Carter....
WOW! (how's that for non-academic language :-)

(1) The maps look great. I especially like the text and enlarged image
that explains the rationale for each map.

(2) The inclusion of a map from the Barbara Petchenik Children's Map
Competition is ideal in terms of celebrating Geography Awareness Week.
(Having attended the ICa Congress in Ottawa, I can say that the Childrens
Map display was fantastic and a real highlight!

(3) From a web-design standpoint, the pages are certainly what i would
call "high-quality". The graphics are not small enough to load quickly,
the page is liquid, the use of java is minimal and navigation semms very
intuitive.  Also, the number of click-downs and scroll-down has been kept
to a minimum.

Well done....and a very nice way to promote Geography Awareness Week -
 not to mention a great way to communicate the power of the cartographic
medium!!!!!!!!

cheers

James Boxall, Map Curator
Map Collection, Killam Library
Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada   B3H 4H8
902-494-3757 (tel)
902-494-2062 (fax)
www.library.dal.ca

President, Association of Canadian
Map Libraries and Archives (ACMLA)     www.acmla.org

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Johnnie Sutherland wrote:

> [...]

--- End Forwarded Message ---