From:
Cindy Rosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 09:39:52 EDT

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Jim O'Donnell wrote:

> Hello, Mapfolk:
>
> It never rains but it pours, huh?  I've just been trying to help one of our
> students view one of the DRGs we've been receiving from USGS, and we've run
> into a problem:  When we get arcview1 loaded and try to run it, we're
> getting an installation error message which says "unable to load esri.dll."
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Jim

If you are in Windows, try exiting Windows before you load, then restart
Windows and start ArcView. I had the same problem & our computer guru
told me that stuff gets hung in memory even when it doesn't show on
screen & exiting & restarting frees up the memory for ArcView. Good luck
Cindy Rosser, TTU Geoscience Librarian