From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:54:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Facebook reconsidered
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:39:29 -0500
From: Nat Case <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Just to be clear, my problem is not with having to read MAPS-L posts in
Facebook (I can just ignore those, or do as Brent suggests). My problem
is with having posts that were "closed" in audience suddenly published
to the universe. It should be noted that all MAPS-L posts are and have
been available for the public to view at
http://www4.uwm.edu/libraries/AGSL/mapsl.cfm#archives, so it's not as if
this is a truly private conversation we're having here. But there are
subtleties of timing, access and comfort which, to me, posting
automatically or semi-automatically to Facebook changes. And I like
having multiple options, and knowing how each of those options is being
distributed.

And remember, never say anything on the Internet you would never want
your mother to know you said... cf. Rep Weiner, et al :-)

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps