From:
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2013 06:55:53 -0600
Subject:        Newest issue of JMGL!
Date:   Sun, 3 Nov 2013 23:18:27 +0000
From:   Weessies, Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

I just got around to looking at the newest issue of /Journal of Map &
Geography Libraries/, and found that the article I recommended on this
listserv last week was just one of several excellent articles.  Is this
a theme issue?  If so, the theme appears to be, “things Kathleen wants
to read about!”  There are several articles about the state of
technology in geospatial information and two each on the super-hot
topics of digital humanities and information literacy.  I’m so impressed
that I’m pasting the table of contents below.

I recently switched my university’s subscription of this journal from
online-only to print + online because I need to start carrying this
journal around with me so I can read it cover to cover.

http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/wmgl20/current#
<http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/wmgl20/current>

·How We Participate in the Scholarly Communication Life Cycle. Katherine
H. Weimer, Paige G. Andrew.

·Emerging Data Visualization Technologies for Map and Geography
Libraries: 3-D Printing, Holographic Imaging, 3-D City Models, and 3-D
Model-based Animations. Michael Groenendyk.

·Geoliteracy through Aerial Photography: Collaborating with K-12
Educators to Teach the National Geography Standards. Carol Patterson
McAuliffe.

·The Direction of Geography LibGuides. Kate Dougherty.

·Geospatial Data Catalogs: Approaches by Academic Libraries. Christine
Kollen, Cynthia Dietz, Joy Suh, Angela Lee.

·Digital Curation and the GeoWeb: An Emerging Role for Geographic
Information Librarians. Bradley Wade Bishop, Tony H. Grubesic, Sonya
Prasertong.

·Stanford University Libraries Study: Topographical Map Vectorization
and the Impact of Bayer Moiré Defect. Matt Pearson, G. Salim Mohammed,
Renzo Sanchez-Silva, Patricia Carbajales.

·Cartographic and Literary Intersections: Digital Literary
Cartographies, Digital Humanities, and Libraries and Archives. Leah Thomas.

·Caribmap: A Mobile-friendly Web Resource for Caribbean Maps that
Facilitates Quantitative Historical Analysis. S. Blair Hedges.

·Technological Changes in Maps and Cartography. Amy J. Blatt.

Kathleen Weessies

Chair, Map and Geospatial Information Round Table (MAGIRT)
Geosciences Librarian
Head, Map Library

Coordinator, Collaborative Technology Labs
Michigan State University

Office phone 517-884-0849