From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Thoen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 14:34:09 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 10:22:12 -0600
From: Bill Thoen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Favorite online GIS resource sites?
Sender: Bill Thoen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

I'm working on a column for GIS World about GIS resource pages, and
wanted to see where others go for their ultimate GIS resource lists.
With all the web pages out there on GIS links, hot lists,
clearinghouses, etc. which one(s) do you consider the best? What makes
them great? Do you think that the big search engines are better than GIS
hot lists, or do you prefer the organization that a dedicated editor or
cataloger can bring to a focused compilation? What should a cataloger
consider when he or she puts a resource page together... what would make
it stand out from the others or those big search engines?

Of course, I'll summarize the results (before the magazine publishes) so
feel free to respond directly to me, or if you have an opinion on the
subject that you think might spark some discussion, post it publicly.
Maybe we can all discover something new or ignite some inspiration for
the next GIS page author who's work will make it into the "Top 5%"

TIA,
- Bill Thoen

--- End Forwarded Message ---