From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:10:54 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:07:45 -0500
From: Jim Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: old wall maps giveaway
Sender: Jim Coombs <[log in to unmask]>

Map folks,

While packing up the map collection here and moving it, we found a lot of
old wall maps in our storage room which I'd like to give away.  They once
belonged to our Geography Dept.  The wooden rods have been removed, but the
cloth backing is still attached.  If nothing else, they'd make great
tablecloths:

Alabama         1967    Cram
Illinois                1941    Denoyer-Geppert
Idaho relief    1926    USGS
Iowa            1940    Denoyer-Geppert
Kansas          1939    Denoyer-Geppert
Kentucky relief 1924    USGS
Louisiana Oil & gas     1981    La. Geological Survey
Michigan        1942    Denoyer-Geppert
Minnesota       1940    Denoyer-Geppert
Mississippi     1939    Denoyer-Geppert
North Carolina  1941    Denoyer-Geppert
North Dakota    1941    Denoyer-Geppert
Nebraska        1941    Denoyer-Geppert
Ohio            1941    Denoyer-Geppert
Penn./NJ        1938    Denoyer-Geppert
South Carolina  1941    Denoyer-Geppert
Tennessee       1940    Denoyer-Geppert
Texas           1941    Denoyer-Geppert
Virginia                1940    Denoyer-Geppert
Wisconsin       1938    Denoyer-Geppert

Pacific Northwest       1940    Denoyer-Geppert
Southeast U.S.          1963    Denoyer-Geppert

United States and possessions   n.d.    Weber Costello
United States & Canada          1976    Rand McNally (Westermann)
United States Political/physical        1953    Denoyer-Geppert
United States Phys./pol.                n.d.    Rand McNally
United States   relief          1967    SRA
United States and possessions   1941    RF Bartle & Co.
United States tectonic          1962    USGS

Africa          1973    Denoyer-Geppert (Westermann)
Africa          1980s?  Rand McNally
Africa          1982    Rand McNally (Westermann)
Asia/Australia  1958    Denoyer-Geppert
British Isles   1940s?  Philips
Europe          1950    Weber Costello
Europe area in WWI      1966    Denoyer-Geppert
Europe Pol/phys 1940s?  Cram
India political 1983    Govt. of India. Surveyor General
Japan           1931    Nystrom
Japan           1970s?  Denoyer-Geppert
Mediterranean lands     1967    Denoyer-Geppert (Wenchow relief map)
New Zealand     1940s?  Denoyer-Geppert
New Zealand     1973    Denoyer-Geppert
Oceania 1938    Philips
Palistine       1949    Nystrom
Scotland physical       n.d.    Nystrom

The World       1940s?  Champion
The World, political    1982    Bartholemew
Climates of the earth   1940s?  Rand McNally

We also want to give away big laminated CIA political maps:

Africa                  1990
Central America & Caribbean     1985
China                   1980
East Asia & Oceania     1986
Eastern Asia (2)                1984
Eastern Mediterranean (2)       1980, 1986
Eurasia (2)             1982
Europe                  1983
Far East                        1988
Indian Ocean area       1986
Middle East (2)         1981, 1990
Pacific Ocean area      1990
Persian Gulf            1980
Southeast Asia          1988
Southwest Asia (2)      1980, 1983
Soviet Union            1985

a couple of newer Champion city maps:

Miami Metro area        1989
San Francisco Bay area  1987

Last, but not least, some miscellaneous maps:

"Columbia 1967" which is actually ONCs L-26, M-25, M-26 pasted together
New Mexico Geothermal resources 1983 printed on clear mylar
Africa, w/Yemen and Malta       1968-73  Yemen and Malta maps are from CIA,
Africa map is 3 maps pasted together by the D Survey, Ministry of Defense, UK

Reply to me offlist if you want any of these.

Jim Coombs
Map Librarian
Southwest Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.  #175