From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 1994 12:30:05 EST
     Several MAPS-L members have sent in copies of the warnings that have
been appearing about the International Internet Association.  These warnings
and other traffic have appeared onmany other lists.  I do not know, nor can
I tell from available information, the status of this association.  There are
many ways to get access to the Internet other than through a college computer
center.  Before you spend a lot of money on access you should check around.
In any case what follows are the warning messages sent in by MAPS-L members.

Johnnie Sutherland
Moderator, MAPS-L
JSUTHERL@UGA

      Wed, 5 Jan 1994 10:16:35 -0700 (MST)
      Debbie Lords <[log in to unmask]>
         WARNING: IIA

To follow-up the warning message sent about the Int'l Internet
Association, I did a "finger"  on [log in to unmask]  The response
to the request was "Host unknown".

Thanks, Rowan, for the warning.

Debbie Lords
University of Utah

Please consider it a public service announcement.  I'm sure
may of you have seen this company's notices and wondered if
they could be for real.  They seemed too good to be true...