From:
"L. A. Nadybal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 15:49:20 EDT
You might try L-View Pro, too.  It coverts from just about any format to any
other format merely by saving the file with a name ending in the extension
appropriate to the format into which the graphic will be converted.  After
conversion, all sorts of color/hue/density modifications can be made.

It's shareware readily available on the Internet.

Regards
Len Nadybal
Washington DC

>You can use WINJPEG (Windows), MACJPEG (MAC/OS), or PMJPEG (OS/2) to do
>the conversion from .GIF to .TIF.  These programs are all out at various
>Internet sites as shareware and are readily FTPable.  The cost if you
>decide that you're going to keep it is, I think, something like $35 to
>the address on the initial screen where it says click twice.  In spite
>of their names, they do conversions to/from lots of different formats.
>Be aware that, if you run the conversion on a computer with a screen
>having 16 colors, even if the original is 256 or 16 million colors, you
>may wind up with a dithered file, rather than a real image with the
>original number of colors.  However, the price is definitely right if
>you take a little care.
>
>If you want to actually buy something any of the Corel Draw! starting
>with version 3 have PhotoPaint included.  I believe that they also have
>a separate version of PhotoPaint beginning at version 4 or 5. On the
>street, you should be able to come up with one of these that costs in
>the vicinity of $100 + or - a little bit.  You will not have the
>dithering problem to deal with in any of these packages.
>
>HTH.
>
>vh
>
>\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
> O      Internet:  [log in to unmask]
> 0o     Bellnet:  310.206.7588 (with phonemail)

L. [log in to unmask]