Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:06:07 -0600
Subject:        RE: MAPS-L: Persian vs. Arabian Gulf: early maps?
Date:   Fri, 15 Dec 2006 15:00:48 -0700
From:   Jones, David (Library) <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Folks

I believe that Mathematical Geography and Cartography in Islam . . .  is
the English translation of 3 volumes from Geschichte des arabischen
Schrifttums - Vol.s 10 - 12.

If you you're comfortable reading German these may be easier to find.

We have them here at the Univ. of Alberta, (www.library.ualberta.ca )
but are also ordering the English version.

David

David L. Jones, Map Librarian
William C. Wonders Map Collection
Science & Technology Library
1-26 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2J8
voice  (780)492-3433     fax   (780)492-2721
e-mail   [log in to unmask]