From:
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 08:12:49 -0500
Subject:        RE: Social Explorer and ACS - Variables Crosswalk?
Date:   Thu, 30 May 2013 13:07:47 +0000
From:   March, Greg <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library, UW Milwaukee

Hello,

Does anyone know if a crosswalk exists in the form of a spreadsheet that
translates variables that Social Explorer uses vs. ACS?  There is a data
dictionary on the Social Explorer database website that describes these
one by one, but having all of them together in a spreadsheet would be
easier to read.  For example, a spreadsheet that looks something like this:

*Social Explorer           ACS
Label/Title                                          Social Explorer Table*

T001_001                    B01001001                  Total
Population                                  T1

T005_B018                 B01001031                  Sex By Age –
Cumulative (More)        T5B

I searched all over the Social Explorer Database Website (Premium
Access) and also online, but so far no luck.  Am I missing something?
Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

-Greg

Gregory H. March