From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Rirdan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:06:13 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:25:33 -0800
From: Daniel Rirdan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: correction of typo in a previous posting and...something more.
Sender: Daniel Rirdan <[log in to unmask]>

Hello everyone,

Earlier, I have posted a press release regarding the Wide Ranging World
Map, which features indigenous nations. There was a typo in the letter;
it should have said "Inuit" not "Intuit," of course. The map, however,
has the correct spelling.

Two librarians noted the mistake. I hope that many  more noted the very
existence of this unique feature--indigenous nations. If "history" is
"his story" (of men) then surely political maps are the stories of
governments. Beyond any commercial considerations, I wished to give the
public and students a hint of the reality underlying the neat clean
borders in their neat conventional political maps. And this is the
notion I wish you to consider--in your role of a map librarian.

Regards,

Daniel Rirdan
The Exploration Company

--- End Forwarded Message ---