From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:54:24 -0400
Subject: Air Photo Database
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:13:40 -0400
From: Thelma Thompson <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

        We are wondering if anyone else still uses the APSRS (Aerial
Photography Summary Record System) CDROM?

        We still have some computers on which we can view and print APSRS
information, but our systems department informs us that future upgrades
are
likely to eliminate this possibility.

        According to our contact at USGS, this 1994 DOS CDROM product is
still the only publically available choice for electronic access to
information about older, non-government aerial photography. We have
reference questions that call for this type of information and we
currently
have one class that needs this information for an assignment.

        We would like to know:
        1. If you do use APSRS and are successfully using it with newer
operating systems, we would like to find answers to technical problems
we
have encountered attempting use it with Windows 2000.

        2. If you have found other ways of accessing the type of APSRS
information that is not currently available on the USGS website, we
would
appreciate learning of these alternative sources.

        3. Has this product been identified as a priority in any Federal
depository library inititiatives to migrate or otherwise keep this
information available as the technology becomes obsolete?

        If people respond to me directly, I will summarize results for the
list if there is interest.

        Thank you.
        Thelma Thompson

Thelma B. Thompson