Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1993 12:12:18 EDT

 Chris-
 I have been interested in any news on the Project too.  The written word on the
  subject has been scarce.  There have been several conference presentations, Da
 vid Cobb gave one at aNEMO meeting apparently, one at the Nov. 1992 COSML meeti
 ng, etc.  There is an article by Jim Minton in Cartographic Perspectives, Numbe
 r 14, Winter 1993, p. 18, an article in ARC News, Spring 1993, p. 31, and a sho
 rt article in Geo Info Systems, April 1993, p. 18, but these are really just an
 nouncements, no evaluation yet that I've found.  I've asked about joining the G
 IS e-mail network that they have set up just for them, but it is being held jus
 t to the participants.

 Arlyn Sherwood
 Map Librarian
 Illinois State Library