From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Theresa C. Smith
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:12:10 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 09:48:37 -0500
From: "Theresa C. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Tactile maps for blind and visually impaired students
Sender: "Theresa C. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>

    I teach international relations and comparative politics classes for
undergraduates.  Maps are crucial for these courses and yet I am not
finding much available for students who are blind or visually
handicapped.  The excellent atlases put out e.g. by Hammond, and the
related software, gives the sighted kids a real thrill.  For everybody
else I would need physical features of continents and countries (and the
seabed) as well as political boundaries, locations of major cities,
etc.  Any suggestions???
    Thanks for your help.

    Theresa C. Smith
    Visiting Professor
    Albright College Department of Political Science
    13th and Bern
    Reading, PA 19612-5234

--- End Forwarded Message ---