From:
MICHAEL GOLD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1993 16:56:35 EDT
When I was the Acting Map Librarian at the University of Toronto, we
acquired a large format machine.  Our first choice was the large
Xerox which had a paper roll and automatic cutter.  As well, there
was a tray with 36"x24" paper.  The cost of this machine was about
12,000 Canadian.  On a lease basis with paper and supplies, upkeep
etc the cost would be less than 1000 monthly running 2000 copies per
month at .50 cents per copy. (this is approx. I can't remember the
exact figures, contact me directly if you need further information).

This was a little much in terms of price, size, and most importantly,
running the machine.  The machine had to be run on a self-service
basis.  The machine we choose was a Geschtetner, which is a modified
Mita with 18"x24" trays.  We put a card reader on it and charge 50
cents a copy.  It  is a very popular machine.  I do not know the cost.

Hope this helps.

Michael Gold