From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kaldenbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:14:33 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:59:47 +0000
From: Kaldenbach <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Delft Map - 17th century - with 130 dots indicating artists
Sender: Kaldenbach <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Madam or Sir,

I contributed as an author to the Exh. Cat. of "Vermeer and the Delft
School". This exhibition will open at the Metropolitan Museum of Art,
NYC shortly and it will reopen in the National Gallery, London in the
summer of
2001. Apart from the fine catalogue there will be a separate large
colour map
of Delft with 17th Century inhabitants. This map was PRIVATELY produced.

The map shows homes of Vermeer, Fabritius, Steen etc etc.
It contains some 130 colour dots representing artists and some 120 dots
representing clients. This map which is as large as a double page Times
newspaper will be printed around March 25. There is a caption text,
listing all artists and clients.

An example is on Internet (as yet without the colour dots). The printed
product will be professionally produced - and thus prettier!
I do not know the price yet, but I assume it would
be around 5 to 10 pounds  apiece.

I can send them either folded in a plastic cover or in flat sheets to be

rolled up in a tube. P & p will add to the cost.

Please indicate whether you would be interested.

Is there a way you could publish this information?

My web site which is directly linked to the museum exhibition and the
map is visible on
www.johannesvermeer.org

yours

Kees Kaldenbach