From:
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1993 17:02:50 EDT
I have gotten several requests, as a follow-up to the NOMAIL message, on how
to get the messages missed during the period when your mail is set to nomail.
You do this by searching the MAPS-L database of messages.  This is easy for
some and hard for others, depending on the local e-mail system and the net
literacy level of the searcher.  If you can write a simple program you can
search the database. -A very simple program.-

I really hope I am not opening up Pandora's Box with this.

Searching the MAPS-L data base requires writing a small program and sending the
program to:     LISTSERV@UGA

To get a list of all the messages sent out over MAPS-L between two dates you
would send the following message:

//
Database Search DD=Rules
//Rules DD   *
Search * in Maps-L from yy/m/d to yy/m/d
/*

You should get back a list of the subject lines for all the messages on the
days specified.  If you wanted a copy of the messages you would replace the
word 'Index' in the above program with the word 'Print'.
     There is a manual that tells you how to search LISTSERV databases.  You
may or may not find it readable.  Request   LISTDB Memo   from your listserv
node. If you send the message  info  to your local listserv you should get
back a list of the information guides available from that listserv site.

Each site runs a different e-mail system.  Your local system might require
some changes in the above procedure.

Johnnie  Sutherland
Moderator,  MAPS-L
JSUTHERL@UGA