From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert D. Seibert
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:24:35 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:43:15 -0600 (CST)
From: "Robert D. Seibert" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: USDA Map Topographic Classification

        My name is Rob Seibert, and I am a govdocs practicum student at
the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, MS.  I am working
with the map collection at the present, specifically the 7.5 minute series
(topographic), Dept. of Interior, Geological Survey, modified for the USDA
Forest Service use.  I am trying to come to terms with the complete call
number.  Here is an example:  A13.28 : OT 8/5/989/46087-F8.  I do not
understand the digits between the "OT" and "989."  "OT" is for the Ottawa
National Forest, and "989" is the modification date.  But what is in
between?  What does those numbers refer to?  Also, is there a guide?  I'm
pretty young in the world of govdocs and would appreciate any assistance.
Also, could you recommend any printed or electronic resources for govdoc
map classification?  I will be posting this note on the govdoc listserv as
well.  Please excuse any repitition.
--- End Forwarded Message ---