From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:12:38 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:56:17 -0400
From: Joanne M. Perry <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Printing continuous well logs from microfiche (fwd)

John,
Using the traditional reader/printers I don't see how it could be done but
there is a new technology that can put microfiche on to your computer
screen that I suppose might be able to accommodate that request if the
computer could connect with the older continuous feed printers.
I saw this item in the August 2000 issue of Family Tree Magazine but then
found out that our Microforms dept has bought a version of it for testing
so I have actually seen it do a little work...It is called ImageMouse
Digital Retrieval System by DatagraphiX and they have a Website at
www.anacomp.com/ImageMouse/  The mouse scans the images from film and sends
it to your computer via the USB port -- after rotating, enlarging etc you
can save it as a TIFF or BMP file that can be printed, saved, or used as an
e-mail attachment.

Good luck,.
Joanne Perry,
Maps Librarian, Penn State