From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick McGlamery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:30:55 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:17:38 -0500
From: Patrick McGlamery <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: #38 again <fwd>
Sender: Patrick McGlamery <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Alice;

Bless you for going back and being thoughtful.

I have admit to some of the same feelings after reading the article.  But
let's look at it another way.  Mr. Keller has taken the time to write a
thoughtful, articulate commentary on the state of the map library FROM THE
USER'S POINT OF VIEW.  Let us remember that NACIS is a multi-whatever bunch
who all care passionately about maps.  And Mr. Keller, as a map library
user, has given this a lot of thought, and cares enough to put it down on
paper and share.  I daresay he has stated, though not as a librarian, some
of our deepest fears.  It deserves a careful reading.

Can we parse his article into a number of themes and comment, collectively,
on them?

Patrick