From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:05:48 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Johnson firm
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005
From: Boardman, Richard <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

I'm looking for both some biographical background on D.G. Johnson and
his 1857 wall map of the United States. I've found bits and pieces about
both but nothing much in depth. I have a patron who has the map and
would like information on Johnson and his firm and where this map falls
in his publishing output. I've checked Ristow but Johnson seems to fall
under the larger Colton shadow. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Rich Boardman

Free Library of Philadelphia