From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:38:32 -0600
Subject: Re: [MAPS-L] Seeking a map of Old U.S. 40 in the Carquinez
Straits area, California, 1925-1927
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 10:33:52 -0600
From: Robert T Wyatt <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>
CC: Angie Cope, American Geographical Society Library, UW Milwaukee

Hi Ken,

Certainly not a definitive answer but perhaps useful in this quest is
this 1917 map of Oakland and Berkeley which includes a road going west
"To Walnut Creek, Martinez, Williams & Redding, also optional to
Sacramento." Apparently this was a tunneled road.

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/oakland_1917.jpg

I understand that Foothill Blvd at the bottom of this map was part of Rt
66, fwiw.

Will keep looking around a bit to see if I can be more helpful.

--Robert