From:
Megan MacCall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2022 09:48:41 -0500
Greetings collective wisdom,

I would like to add COVID maps to our collection, however it seems that most COVID maps are born-digital and continually updated in a digital environment. We don't have a way to provide access to digital maps in our library catalog or digital collection, and part of our patron base does not have easy access to internet, so I'm primarily interested in maps that are or can be printed. Do you have any recommendations?

On a related note, have you gathered COVID maps made by community members? If so, how did you gather them? Did you have a call for artists? Did you scour social media to find people that made COVID maps and ask them to donate or sell the map?

Feel free to email me off-list: [log in to unmask]

Many thanks for your assistance,

Megan

Megan MacCall
Special Collections Curator, Map Collection
Free Library of Philadelphia