From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:18:46 -0500
Subject: RE: Gazeteers - how important?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:32:57 +0000
From: Boardman, Richard <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship'

I much prefer the printed country BGN gazetteers, so much so that
several years back I bought quite a few of the county titles that were
still available to fill in/update what I had received on deposit. Just
today, I gave a patron the gazetteer for Poland-he really wasn't sure of
the spelling and wanted to just scan the entries.

Rich Boardman
Map Collection
Free Library of Philadelphia