From:
Greg Armento <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1993 13:51:07 EDT

At CSU-Long Beach, we have our 1990 Census of Population and Housing Tract and
Block maps in open government document stacks, arranged by sudoc.  They are
folded in their original white and green envelopes.  I am looking for ways to
make at least the Los Angeles and Long Beach maps more durable.  I am
considering "Chartexing" them, folding them accordion-style to 1/3 their
original size, and binding every 5 sheets with three or four key-ring holders
at the edge.  By using this method, the maps would still be flexible and
maneuverable for photocopying.

Does anyone have any other ideas?  I do not have the option of enclosing them
behind a service point or into the map collection.  Any other conservation
methods employed out there?

Thanks.

Greg Armento
California State University, Long Beach