From:
DEBBIE LORDS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1993 15:51:59 EST
I need some information/reviews for our Documents folk on the book:

     Understanding GIS: the ARC/INFO method by the Environmental Systems
Research Institute, 1993.

What we specifically would like is a review of the book from folks who have
used it, but are not GIS experts.  Although reviews have been written,
evidently none of them indicate the level of expertise of the reviewer.  Our
staff needs to know if the book is useful for the GIS and ARC/INFO novice to
use for learning the system or does the book presume a certain existing level
of knowledge and understanding of any of the above two concepts?

Are there other books you would recommend also, maybe some which are better?
We are considering what texts to purchase for Office copies which would not
be available for our patrons.  We already have this work so can do some
testing on our own (when we can grab a window of use between patron
check-outs, that is).  None of us is on GIS-L.  As this is a question which
might be of interest to other GIS novices, please post the answers to the
list.  Virtual classroom, virtual faculty.  Thank you.

Debbie Lords