Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 14:29:00 EDT
THe New York Public Library is trying to put together new policies and
procedures concerning electronic reference services.  THat is, how do you deal
with reference questions that addressed to the library from internet users?
Are the questions routed to one account, and people take turns answering them.
 Or are the questions distributed to various departments or people?  What kind
of questions are asked over the internet?  What kind of referal work do
librarians do?

I have sense of the questions from maps-l.  I am very curious to find out what
is done institutionally.  If you have policies or procedures, etc., please
send them to me.  Unfortunately, this issue is being rushed, so time is of the
essence.

Thanks so much,
Christopher JJ Thiry
Map Librarian, NY Public Library