From:
Cheryl Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 1996 11:48:23 EDT
I have been contacted by a company in California called Plus Ultra
Publishing Company. They are thinking of a project to publish a directory of
antique map facsimile dealers and publishers. They contacted me because of
my involvement with the ACMLA facsimiles. They are seeking to identify as
many publishers, dealers, sellers of reproductions and facsimiles of antique
maps as possible. It will be restricted to reproductions of pre 1914 maps
that are single sheet of any size and suitable for framing and displaying.
Reproductions in books are excluded. They are not soliciting advertising
from the organizations listed in the directory - only permission to include
a brief description of some of their work. I wanted to post this to MAPS-L
and MAPHIST so that others may contact the company to be included. Their
address is:
Plus Ultra Publishing Company
P.O. Box 514
Lakewood, CA
90714-0514
tel: 310-924-4348

It sounded like an interesting venture.

*   Cheryl Woods                                                          *
 *   Map Curator                                       tel: 519-661-3424   *
 *   SSC 1051                                          fax: 519-661-3750   *
 *   University of Western Ontario                     [log in to unmask]   *
 *   London, Canada  N6A 5C2                                               *