From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:38:00 -0500
Subject:        Manoa MAGIS: 7,000 Hawai'i Aerial Photographs Now Up and
Available
Date:   Tue, 07 Oct 2008 15:18:03 -1000
From:   G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>
To:     G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>

--Apologies for Cross-Postings--

Our entire digital aerial photograph collection, consisting of 7,000
images of Hawai'i,
along with basic metadata, created in-house, taken between 1950-2000 is now
available for viewing and download at:

Mouse over the island that you are interested in viewed in the web page
below:

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/viewer/

These are organized by county and then by island within each county.
Coverage
denotes the approximate area where the photograph lies within t he USGS
quadrangle (1:24,000) of the same name.

Most of the aerial photographs were taken by USGS and USDA, we also have
a few flightlines and corresponding photographs from NOAA.

A jpeg version is available for free download.  However, should you need a
high resolution image, please let us know.  All we need is the unique
identifier
located in the metadata section, next to the thumbnail view..

You can learn about how we put them up online here:

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/remotesensing/aerials/about.html

As always I appreciate feedback from the geospatial community, good or bad
but especially what is not working so I can check to see if it's a known
issue or
a new one and set about to fix it.

Special thanks to Mabel Suzuki and Martha Chantiny, Department Heads for
Government Docs & Maps and Desktop Network Services for their for
their support on this project.

Best Wishes, Salim

--
G. Salim Mohammed, Maps/GIS Librarian
[log in to unmask] | 808-956-0833

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu

University of Hawai'i at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA

"Live simply so others can simply live." -Gandhi.