From:
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:44:47 -0500
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Sources for maps of Native North American topics]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:28:07 -0700
From: David Jones <[log in to unmask]>
To: "'Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum'" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi Sue Ann

Although this may not be 'spot on' in terms of your specific needs, a
source
to consider would be the facsimile maps produced by the ACMLA
(Association
of Canadian Map Libraries and Archives).  The ACMLA has produced, and
markets both directly and through re-sellers, two series of high quality
facsimile historical maps of Canada.  The larger series of monochrome
facsimiles includes almost 150 different maps dating from 1508 to 1920.
The
"New Series' of 12 Bird's Eye Views are in colour and span the country
from
St. John's to Vancouver.

Descriptions, thumbnails and ordering information for these maps are
available through the ACMLA homepage; www.acmla.org

A word caution: while the facsimiles themselves are high quality
reproductions on heavy stock paper, the thumbnail images are quite
primitive
and NOT to be taken as an indication of the quality of the facsimiles
themselves.

You might consider checking the listings and some may be relevant to you
needs.

David

David L. Jones, Map Librarian
William C. Wonders Map Collection
Science & Technology Library
1-26 Cameron Library
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2J8
voice  (780)492-3433     fax   (780)492-2721
e-mail   [log in to unmask]