From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:05:05 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Regarding: request for brief papers on early maps for Journal
of Map and Geography Libraries/Geoscapes
Date:   Wed, 30 Nov 2005
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Good morning!

Just to be more explicit regarding Mary Larsgaard's announcement that we
are seeking brief articles/papers on early maps;

"Geoscapes" = the Journal of Map and Geography Libraries

Not everyone may be aware of that Geoscapes is our "pet name" for the journal.

Looking forward to submissions!

Sincerely,

Paige Andrew
co-editor, Geoscapes

"We co-editors of Geoscapes have started a column, "Early Maps," that is
shorter papers on early maps. At this point, we're thinking in terms of a
different author of the column for each issue. We visualize either
"galleries" that showcase a collection - with illustrations of maps in the
collection - or thought pieces on trends in early maps. (The problems with
security in map collections and especially early-map collections we hope
will be a collection of articles in a theme issue.)

If this topic interests you, do send in your column ideas to us; our
deadlines for the next 2 issues to be published are:

February 2006
August 2006

Paige Andrew    [log in to unmask]
Mary Larsgaard [log in to unmask]"